Buying advice for world traveling

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
britsche
britsche New Member • Posts: 6
Buying advice for world traveling

Hi All,

I'm looking for some buying advice for a camera which I want to take traveling. I'm planning a backpacking trip for around 6 months starting at the end of the year, visiting New Zealand, Australia and 3 months in South America.

Normally I'm shooting with a Nikon D750 with an old Tokina 28-70 f2.8 and the Nikon 50mm f1.4 and Sigma 35 f1.4 primes. Since this results in a lot of weight and also a somewhat pricey setup, I'm looking for something smaller and cheaper (Budget < 1000$) to take on my travels, also to minimise my sadness if it would get stolen :).

Photography wise I will be shooting mostly Landscapes, general travel photography, and perhaps some Astrophotography (no must for this trip).

My current favourites are the Fujifilm X-T20 or X-E3 with the 18-55mm kit lens, since they seem to be in a good spot image quality and size / weight wise.

Do you think these would suit my needs or can you think of other good options? All inputs are welcome!

Thanks in advance, britsche

britsche's gear list:britsche's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +1 more
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow