First Leica (Digital) 240 M v 240 M-P v 240 M-E v M9 v M10?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Nakaya Regular Member • Posts: 153
Re: First Leica (Digital) 240 M v 240 M-P v 240 M-E v M9 v M10?

ZeBebito wrote:

Do you want to get a Leica M for the experience of using a rangefinder camera, for the IQ, or just for bragging rights?

I am sorry but buying an M10 along with cheap, $250 7Artisans lenses make absolutely NO sense unless you want to show having a Leica and don't care about ultimate IQ, which is what a Leica M offers when paired with the adequate glass.

You will get far better images with the M-E 240 and a new 35mm f2.4 Summarit ($6500) than with an M10 + cheap lens combo ($7000). Now, if you want to test the waters, then buy a used m240 for $2500 and put another $500-750 for a Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 or a Zeiss ZM 35mm f2.

I ultimately just want to try it and see if this makes photography more fun. I ended up with a used M240 + a Leica 50mm f2.8 Elmar-M and a Zeiss 35mm f2 ZM.

I really enjoyed my Contax cameras, like the G1 I still have but have never found a digital equivalent that is as fun. I am hoping the Leica will work for me since I don't want to deal with the expense of film anymore.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow