Dxo Optics Pro

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
24thWanderer
24thWanderer Regular Member • Posts: 148
Dxo Optics Pro

Concert and event photographer here. Have been using mostly APS-C bodies with much success. But I ended up switching over to Micro Four Thirds for the feature set and size. I shoot in a lot of low light situations in concerts. It seems counterintuitive to downgrade my sensor size in this situation. But I know my skillset and have a decent idea of what I can do in a real life situation with the Exposure Triangle. I am also trying to focus on street photography and cinematography more so for me, my switch made sense. And I am pleased with the versatility and the results I get from my Panasonic bodies.

One of the biggest differences from shooting APS-C is ISO. I could shoot up to 3200 ISO and like the results on my old setup. 1600 seems to be the max for me with my G85 and GX85. But I try to reduce the ISO whenever I can in these settings. I learned how to adjust my timing and use my body's featureset to get the right shot at the right time.

This lead me to think about to how to push these limitations further. I have never used DXO Optics for my post but I hear great things about it in regards to its noise reduction engine. Does anyone else use that here? How has it worked for you? Have you gotten images that you are proud of at higher ISOs using its noise reduction?

Just scoping out all my options for getting the most out of my M43 bodies. I recognize there's advantages and disadvantages with every system. I use the one that fits my style, budget and preferred features. And so, I want to get the most out of them. It's that simple. Thanks for any informative replies!

24thWanderer's gear list:24thWanderer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art +4 more
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow