Anyone thinking of trading their A9 for the A7Riv?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Leo3 Regular Member • Posts: 469
Re: Anyone thinking of trading their A9 for the A7Riv?

seiko4169 wrote:

Not even close. No black out free shooting and a rather bland predictable upgrade list. Reminds me of the cpu upgrades. (Boring)

I’m waiting at least for the a9ii assuming it’s the a9 plus 36 meg res sensor, higher dr, higher res evf, higher res rear screen, tethering via usb-c etc but even that will likely come across quite incremental. This would to me offer a great balance and would offer enough pixels for me whilst keeping the magical black out free immediate focus capabilities of the a9.

If I dream I’d love a top panel lcd instead of a zillion dials to make the interface more modern and a beautiful rear screen touch screen interface with speed and focusing ability.

I don’t even mind paying a premium for it, so I’m hoping Sony create the a9 as a genuine flagship that leads the way.

Agree, a9ii is what would tempt me with 36mp, black out free higher res EVF, and i wouldn't even care if they dropped the 20fps down to 15 as long as mp went up to 36. Better weather sealing would also be a must. GPS would be nice but not a must. lock on the exposure dial would be much appreciated (and expected since they put it on A7r iv)

Leo3's gear list:Leo3's gear list
Nikon D500 Sony a9 Sony a7R III Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Sigma 500mm F4 Sport +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow