A6400 or XT30 or something else.. OR wait???

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Quietfun New Member • Posts: 2
A6400 or XT30 or something else.. OR wait???

I am just a hobbyist and no professional by any means, but I have been shooting on Nikon since 2005/6. I decided it's time to go mirrorless and I have been just torn between the Sony a6400 and the XT-30.

A few things I would be doing with the camera:

-"urban" photography

- Travel (landscapes, landmarks etc)

- Sunsets,

- maybe some aviation (up close, not in the air more than likely)

- Perhaps some nature..

My "day job" is being a news anchor and reporter so video has always played a major role in my life. I would definitely want great quality, 4k video that's versatile. I'd be shooting videos for various topics including but not limited to interviews with people and maybe how tos and just all around travel video. Maybe even attempting a music video or two for friends.

Here are a some thoughts I am having:

I am used to the ergonomics of the D7200 (basically deep grip). I would love for the camera to be weather sealed and I know the XT30 isn't.. I also know the XT30 has amazing video and better less rolling shutter than the a6400. however, the a6400 seems to have amazing image quality with tremendous autofocus features along with better inputs.

I'd like some direction when it comes to overall cost/quality when it comes to the lenses as well. I was hoping the recent announcement would reveal a a7000.

I would LOVE an a7iii but that's a little too high right now (unless I should just go for it). I would rather get one of these others and use that other money on glass.

Thank you for any advice you guys have. Been a fan of this forum for many years and finally decided to post.

Tom

Fujifilm X-T30 Nikon D7200 Sony a6400 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow