drone project, not sure how to price this

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ian L Contributing Member • Posts: 554
drone project, not sure how to price this

So i was contacted by someone from a civil engineering firm. They need drone video footage of up to multiple traffic intersections. However, they need continuous footage of at least two 1 hour clips of each intersection. Unless i can put my camera on a balloon, that's going to be tricky. However, they are ok with using multiple drones taking multiple clips, as long as the clips overlap and can be stitched together - they just dont want any gaps in coverage, they want to be able to see/count all the traffic over a given time period.

They want video from the peak traffic times in the morning and in the evening. So at a minimum probably from around 8-9am and 5-6pm, maybe longer depending on the intersection.

I'm not sure what i should charge for this since there would be some overhead on this one. Aside from the fact that it basically ties me up for the whole day for each intersection, I also need to use two drones. I have a mavic 2 pro and the older mavic pro. I've got 4 batteries for the 2 pro and 4 or 5 for the older mavic. So i have enough batteries to get over 2 hours of continuous footage. Depending on how well the video from them can be stitched together, i might just need to get a 2nd mavic 2 (wish i could at least get the zoom).

I'm not sure if they want me to do any video editing or just want the raw clips. I'm going to find that out. Also what resolution/fps they want.

Any ideas how to price this out?  What would some of you charge for this?

I think a minimum starting price would be $1000 per intersection.

Ian L's gear list:Ian L's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon D850 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow