Airshow RX10 IV (Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BarryWpg Regular Member • Posts: 103
Airshow RX10 IV (Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan)

Not ideal shooting conditions, looking to show center was into the sun, so best light was off to the side, resulting in longer distances, with possibly more heat haze.

RX10 is pretty good for airshow, although I find the quality is not as good as using my Canon 7D with the 100-400 (as I expected when I bought the RX10, with its smaller senor -also feel autofocus is better with the Canon setup) But RX10 is much lighter so more fun to shoot with.

That's why after cropping I still downsized these for posting, 100% viewing of full image is not the best idea. For cropping if it says 40% that means I used 8 of the full 20 MP.

I tried to narrow 2000 images down to 10 but 14 was best I could do. Hope I can post them all here.

For prop planes I shot some with higher shutter speed to reduce camera shake (my fault) and diffraction from higher F stop if I used 1/250 second. Frozen prop was price I was willing to pay to try for sharper image.

26% Crop

46%

100%

46%

34%

43%

100%

40%

48% I title this one "Air traffic controller' s nightmare."

35%

Canon EOS 7D Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow