Good places to buy used gear in New York

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eddyshoots Senior Member • Posts: 2,178
Good places to buy used gear in New York

So my beloved D300 has died.

I was asked to shoot professional bull riding and my D300 did not survive. I wish I had a cool story about getting a little too close to the action and an angry bull taking out my camera but alas it's nothing so exciting. Pre-show I had my stuff laid out on a conference table in the arena offices and when I picked my camera bag up it caught the spiral binding of a report setting off a chain reaction culminating in a slow motion fall of the D300 and 70-200 combo. A sadly pedestrian end to a reliable camera.

Next month I am traveling to New York and am considering just replacing or perhaps a small upgrade. I've seen on the Adorama and B&H sites that some decent prices are available for that generation (or slightly newer) camera. Any recommendations on best places to buy used gear? Good selection? Good prices? Off the beaten path but better deals?

I honestly don't suffer much from needing the latest and greatest. With the exception of wanting a little more ISO, the D300 did everything I needed. Maybe a D300s or a D700 to play with full frame a little. These both would work with my current battery grip. The ability to focus older lenses is a must as I have several that I like.

Many thanks in advance,

-- hide signature --

eddyshoots

Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow