Maybe not keeping my Canon M 50, if not better zoom coming

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Indieke1 Contributing Member • Posts: 983
Maybe not keeping my Canon M 50, if not better zoom coming

I have bought the M 50, to replace my Sony RX 100 M 3. Reason was that I was tired to carry two cameras, the Sony for my general purpose, mostly travels, the Canon D 550 with 50 mm for portraits.

Agree, the M 50 is a very, very nice little camera. With the 32 mm lens on it it is fantastic. Colors are nice.

But the kit lens is not sharp enough. And when you travel, you want a good versatile lens for all purposes, lenscapes , people. Well the M 50, is less sharp with the kit lens then my RX 100. Point.

See next pictures . The first one, is the Canon M 50. yes we agree colors are better then in the second one, of Sony. But look at details. Look at the swimming pool details. Softer, less detail. And that bothers me, the softness of the kit lens. I have no alternative for it, even if I am willing to spend more  on a lens.

So maybe better sell it, and use my Sony and old 550 D again, because detail is important...

Also, I  fiddle in Lightroom to get things sharper, not looks better...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow