Weird 5DS Issue

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Victor Engel Forum Pro • Posts: 18,703
Re: Tentative Cause

Ken60 wrote:

So glad to see you have solved it ,.......... now I have seen a card corrupted during this conversation between computer and card reader . Perhaps a poor connection at the point where the USB cable plugs in ......... but there is a cure for this corruption ....

USE YOUR SECOND SLOT !

I'm missing your logic. It sounds like you're suggesting the problem was between the card reader and the computer, in which case, I'd have the same issue if I used the other slot because the card would go into the same card reader (the other slot in the card reader). Did I misunderstand? Of course, I see your smiley, so maybe you were just trying to be funny.
Since I had a computer problem, I'm inclined to believe the issue wasn't related to the card, the reader, or the USB connection, but somehow within the computer.
BTW, I just tested the card using f3 (f3write and f3read) and it passed without error. I also contacted Lexar, who replied promptly reading to produce an RMA. I'm very impressed.  I canceled that after realizing there was no issue with the card.

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow