WOW.... The new imac 2019 is Awesome!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 5,847
Re: WOW.... The new imac 2019 is Awesome!

graybalanced wrote:

ChrisLumix wrote:

amateurphotographer wrote:

For me the disappointment is the screen whites, which are still slightly greenish after calibration using an xrite i1 profiler. I use the imac with an Eizo CG248 (in dual monitor mode) and the white on the imac are definitely more greenish when compared to the self calibrating Eizo.

Why use a calibrater? NO-ONE has "average" eyesight and you should calibrate according to your own eyesight. The only time you should use a calibrater is when you are producing work for others.

Don't agree at all.

Why should producing work for others be the only time to use a calibrator? Why isn't it a good reason for me to want to produce high quality, color accurate work for myself?

Many of us do not feel that we should lower our standards for ourselves more than we would for others.

you should calibrate according to your own eyesight.

Every professional and serious amateur would laugh at that statement. Because it doesn't make any sense. Scientifically, human eyesight is notoriously unreliable for judging color because it evolved to be highly adaptive. Your perception of a color can instantly change depending on what colors or tones are next to it!

Yet the term "calibration" has a specific meaning, it is intended to be 100% objective. That is in direct contradiction to what you said since the human eye cannot see color objectively. You cannot achieve objective color evaluation except with an instrument.

Agree 100%

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R II Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow