Bought a used Oly Zuiko 25mm f/1.8 lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SerenityNOW Forum Member • Posts: 69
Bought a used Oly Zuiko 25mm f/1.8 lens

I was torn between the Panasonic Lumix Lens G f/1.7 and the Olympus f/1.8 lens, both at 25mm. There's no shortage of comparisons and reviews of these lens, which I probably over-read and over-thought it.

I was tempted by the Panasonic $150 price tag, but in the end, I decided to go for a happy medium and bought a used Olympus 25mm from keh.com along with a couple of must-have filters. $220 for the lens itself compared to $325 brand new is worth getting used, IMHO. It's the first time I ever bought anything used for photography and from keh, so I hope I'm getting my money's worth. (Feel free to share your experience).

Dealbreaker between the two lenses for me boiled down to image sharpness and IQ and the fact that Olympus was *just* a bit better than the Panny. And it's a more compact size too, which helps, and sticks with the Olympus brand as I currently use an older PEN E-PM1 (to be eventually upgraded to OM-D E-M10 II, when the time and money is right).

I also ponied up for UPS shipping so I'd get it in time ahead of the family Cape Cod trip, otherwise I'd have saved myself another $10. I was getting a little desperate to get a lens that would perform well in low light.

SerenityNOW's gear list:SerenityNOW's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +1 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow