Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
nbirkett Senior Member • Posts: 1,585
Re: Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

larsbc wrote:

W3PYF wrote:

I have used the RAVPower hubs for years. You use them with a smartphone app and an FAT- formatted drive (conventional or SSD). Easy, light. The smartphone/app just control the hub.

Perhaps you could answer this question for me: if I backup my SD card on Monday night, and then I add more photos onto the card on Tuesday, when I do my Tuesday night backup, will the RAVPower create a new directory in its backup storage with ALL the photos from the SD card? Or can it do incremental backups where the Tuesday night backup will only backup the new photos (ie: just the ones taken on Tuesday)?

(I'm referring to the case where you use its automatic backup feature as opposed to manually selecting files to copy.)

I have been testing a RAVPower unit, using the auto sd back-up option.  I backed-up the same sd card twice to the same USB device.  Each back-up created a new back-up directory with the entire sd card contents. There was no incremental back-up using the auto back-up feature.  The way it defines the directory name on the USB is based on the data and time, to the second, when the back-u; starts.  So, it would be unaware of any previous back-up of the same card.

If you do the back-up using the phone ap control, you likely have more control and might be able to do an incremental back-up but I haven't tried that yet.

-- hide signature --

Nick

nbirkett's gear list:nbirkett's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow