Weird 5DS Issue

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Victor Engel Forum Pro • Posts: 18,703
Re: Weird 5DS Issue

Ken60 wrote:

Way back in the 1990's all sorts of errors with cards were arriving. One of the rules that was written at that time, was to only reformat a card in the camera with which it was used.

I have followed this ever since, and try not to swap cards between cameras, and never format in the computer or laptop. I have a very large SD and use this in place of the 64 gig SD to copy ( in camera) all of the CF files ( RAW) to the backup 256 SD. At that point I have all of my RAWs on 3 cards. Paranoia is the cure for technology glitches.

Yep. That's a rule I follow, with one exception. If the sequence number just crosses over, I will remove all the supporting folders on the card so that the camera doesn't pick up the new number. This is an issue only when using multiple cards.
In the case of this bad card, I will probably be using a utility to test the card (I found f3 that will work on a Mac).

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow