Nikkor 35/1.4G not up to high res sensor demands?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
polizonte
polizonte Contributing Member • Posts: 981
Re: Nikkor 35/1.4G not up to high res sensor demands?

Michiel "...perfectly satisfactory, sharpnesswise and of course renderingwise." I can relate to your evaluation, the 60mm G is my most used lens, far from the sharpest, and though I have dispensed with a number of lenses over the years, it is permanently mounted on one of my D810 bodies. Maybe it is question of versatility vs. optical quality, somewhat similar to my experience with the 35mm f/1.4G.

I had the 35mm f/1.4G lens from when I shot a D700 to D800, D800e; many of my favorite family, street & travel fotos were shot with it but something was missing. Then I tried a Sigma 35mm Art and immediately noticed improved resolution - even more so with my Nikon 28mm f/1.4E, improved resolution, distortion control, reasonable size/weight..but I still miss the 35mm focal length. I tried a Tamron f/1.8 VC, it " didn't click with me ". 'Not willing to lug around a heavy 40mm Art, I waiting for an opportunity to try the latest Tamron 35mm f/1.4.

Good luck

-- hide signature --

Es mejor pescar que ser pescado.

polizonte's gear list:polizonte's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E ED Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Tamron SP 35mm F1.4 Di USD
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow