Sony A7rIV vs Nikon "Z8" Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Clayton1985 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,363
Sony A7rIV vs Nikon "Z8"

The Sony A7rIV was announced today and it looks like a nice camera with 61mp, etc but it also looks like it has the same body design with the same ergonomics. I think most people agree that Nikon Z already has better ergonomics, however, I believe this opens the door for Nikon to leverage this even more with the Z8. I'd like to see the Z8 with a body that is somewhat larger than the Z7 and with dual card slots, and 61mp. With the larger body Nikon could then add more controls, backlit buttons, etc.

Sony has repeatedly said that they aren't interested in the customer that wants a larger body so I really think Nikon should take advantage and offer at least one body for those users while still offering other bodies in the current size.

Sony did address one of the biggest complaints with improved weather sealing and there are several other impressive upgrades so Nikon needs to stay focused and aggressive.

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow