OMD1 Mk2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrScary Veteran Member • Posts: 6,492
OMD1 Mk2

Hi All

I got an Oly OMD1 Mk2 which is a great camera. I sold all my Canon FF gear to go Micro 4 thirds. Alas I had a problem from day one of using it. The Battery (genuine) depleted quite quickly. Only taking between 80 & 183 shots either in S-AF or C-AF BBF.

Third party battery's doing the same...After 8 weeks it was sent to Olympus Portugal as UK do not fix them any more. It came back last Friday and on Saturday I went out all day to take photos. Well to be honest I'm at end of my tether. I took 113 shots on genuine oly battery then 88 on 3rd party, then 177 on a 3rd party battery. Not good enough..S-AF was used throughout the day. Wi-Fi turned Off plus anything else not needed turned to off.

I went out Sunday again with fully charged genuine battery and for two hours used the S-AF setting and took about 100 shots when battery went to about 32% left...So I changed to C-AF to take some Acrobatic shots doing about 8 or more frames per second. Loo n Behold it took another 222 shots. 322 in total when battery ran out.. Now, I do NOT want to take a load of shots in C-AF unless I doing Sports of which I not done so far. Street photography I do mostly with a bit of others thrown in..

Now, Did Olympus Portugal really fix my camera as they said or did they NOT ?

If they did then surely I should be taking 400 or more shots on one battery.

Olympus UK have been great and helped me a lot. They delivered a new battery to me today but I can't try until Tuesday. I do not think it is the battery as Oly Portugal had camera, battery + charger.

Any Ideas. Oly Four Thirds is new to me as I used a Canon 5D3 (sold for this) and a 7d. Two batterys in 7D Grip for near two months with loads of Macro shots taken and still loads of life left in them. Says it All really..

-- hide signature --
 MrScary's gear list:MrScary's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Epson Stylus Photo R3000
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow