Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Re: Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

I use two systems to backup my images when on the go ...........

1) buy a large SD card, the biggest you can get/afford  , when you are ready remove your SD from one of the card slots in your camera , and use the internal copy function to dump the second card to your newly inserted large SD.  Canon 5DSR is great for this, and it's a good idea to shoot RAW to both cards as if one dies I still have RAW files !

You can keep adding to this large card several times till full.

2) I use a Samsung tablet with a large micro SD inserted, using an OTG adapter I can attach a card reader and backup the camera card to the tablet. This allows me to go through my shots and decide if I need to re shoot anything or change anything before I return home.  I can also tether the camera to the tablet if there is anything where this extra care might benefit.

You can leave one of the backups in your hotel room just incase the worst should happen.

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow