Does DX still make sense with prices almost same as FF?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Giovanni_1968
Giovanni_1968 Senior Member • Posts: 2,707
Does DX still make sense with prices almost same as FF?

I am using little to nothing my old X-Pro1 and three lenses I own (18-55, 14 and 35), wondering if I should upgrade to a faster body like the X-T2 (no need for latest whistles and bells here, just quicker AF and some more MB for cropped prints, yes, I do sometimes print...) and looking at the used market an X-T2 goes for 20-80 euros less than a FF Sony A7II.

I love the X-Tx ergonomics with all the dials there rather than to browse through a menu but doesn't it come at a heavy premium compared to a FF and still capable camera from, more or less, same age as the Sony A7II?

This is not a troll, I am just debating myself if to keep my Fuji gear, if to upgrade to an X-T2 or if to sell the whole thing and jump ship considering that, as of now, my main rig is the old Nikon D800 which will sometime be upgraded and as such Nikon remaining my main camera.

Your thoughts appreciated, grazie

-- hide signature --

Giovanni - 70% GAS affected
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
Nikon D800 - Nikon D2Xs - Fuji X-Pro1 - Fuji S5Pro - Nikon F - Nikon F3
J.A. Michell Gyrodec - Audio Research SP-9 - Aeron AP-890 - JBL4311B
JN70CN - 14.14.30E 40.32.40N

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D2Xs Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 +20 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mar
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow