Em1ii w/FW 3.0 vs FW 2.x

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mwhyte
mwhyte Forum Member • Posts: 76
Em1ii w/FW 3.0 vs FW 2.x

A couple of weeks ago I purchased the EM1ii when it was on sale and Olympus Canada was having that trade-in any lens or camera and get another $300 off thing. I traded in an old Minolta nifty fifty lens worth about $20 on eBay and got $310 off plus an additional $200 off. The deal was sweet enough to make me upgrade from my trusty EM5ii.

Anyways, I got lucky with the new firmware being released at about that same time, so never experienced the old 2.x firmware (as I installed the 3.x firmware right away). I don't know if it was because the Em1ii is my first pro level camera, or because the Em1ii has phase detect auto focus, or because I am comparing it to my Em5ii but the autofocus on this Em1ii is just amazing, I had a chance to take some photos at a small rock music performance and the camera just stuck to the subject like glue. I just enabled C-AF + Tracking...pointed and shot...and the thing just rapid fired away...I had it on the "slow" 10fps and that was blazing fast to me. Just really impressed with the speed and the autofocus on this camera and was wondering how the new firmware compared to the old firmware.

mwhyte's gear list:mwhyte's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow