Multiple Exposure fun

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vockman Contributing Member • Posts: 528
Multiple Exposure fun

Another reason to love the Z6 is a multiple exposure mode that allows you to preview your second and even third, exposure in the EVF while your shooting.

Much to my delight I have found that:

- you still get individual raw files although the composite is a jpeg

- auto iso works. Exposure compensation, shutter speed and Fstop can be adjusted for each image

- you can change lens in between images

- Lighten and Darken blending modes are super useful but I am not clear if their effect is implemented in the preview, I don't think it is.

It is a great new way to create slow shutter speed flash sync effects and zooming during exposure without having to use a flash! (so the results don't have that flash look) Take one sharp exposure and one blurry, shaky slow shutter speed exposure.

I couldn't figure out if the second exposure was laggy/delayed due to low light or because of demand on the processor from using this feature or a combination of both. But timing the second shot is tricky.

Anyone have any observations or tips about working in this mode?

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow