Which video card for photography?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 4,042
Which video card for photography?

Hi folks I would like to add a new video card to my Gigabyte MB for photography purposes. I currently don't have any graphics card and have been using the on board video.  I'm running Windows and I use Lightroom and every time I hear that CPU fan speed buzzing/kicking in whenever I'm editing photos and I would like to get rid of that and relieve all that stress from the CPU. Soon I'll be doing a job and will be coming back home with around 8000 photos more or less.

I don't do video games whatsoever and I remember that a coworker I used to work with around six years ago who knows and builds computers told me that I don't need anything fancy and expensive just to edit photos and he said that a $100 dollar video card would do the job. When it comes to the graphics card memory what should I get, 1G, 2G, 4G, 6G?? I find all these really confusing and difficult to choose

So now in the year 2019 what is available and good for what I need? I like simplicity and reliable stuff so what's the best bang for the buck video card?

Thanks

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow