Best Photo Editing Laptop 2019

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
bmoag Senior Member • Posts: 2,047
Re: Best Photo Editing Laptop 2019

There are lots of notebooks out there that are well under $1000 that have high performance parts and mediocre screens.

Highest performance means adequate cooling and that imposes a heft penalty. Apple and MBP owners, happen to be one, pretend that physics does not apply to the MBP. My personal taste is that the MBP has the best laptop screen available but it is not what it is not and neither is the laptop to which the screen is attached.

My experience is that optimal processing of raw images  can not be done on any laptop because the screen is too small. There are many other reasons but 13-17 inches is the gorilla in the room. I fail to understand why anyone would invest thousands of dollars in cameras and lenses and the effort to capture and process quality images on suboptimal monitors.

You might do your images a favor and and plan on getting a real image processing monitor and calibration device to use with whatever laptop strikes your fancy.

bmoag's gear list:bmoag's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EOS Rebel T7i Nikon Z6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow