Best Photo Editing Laptop 2019

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SushiEater
SushiEater Veteran Member • Posts: 9,734
Re: Best Photo Editing Laptop 2019

CAcreeks wrote:

Thanks SushiEater for the info about the M15. Prior Alienware models looked kind of clunky, as does the Alienware 17 R5 still, at 9.74 lbs.

HP has an Omen line where the 17" model is more streamlined. Dell has some Precision models with 17" screen, but no XPS 17.

I agree that gaming machines, provided they have a good screen with close to 100% sRGB gamut, make the most cost effective photo editing laptops.

There is only one screen on Dell laptops that provides 100% gamut and that is 4K. All others are 72%. To be honest for my purpose I see no difference. My backup laptop also Dell with 6700HQ (8750H is 70% faster on the same RAW conversion) with the regular screen. The only difference is that 4K screen is way sharper but also text is smaller so you better have a good vision. But more of the stuff fits on the screen.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my post with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow