Best Photo Editing Laptop 2019

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Austinian
Austinian Veteran Member • Posts: 8,469
Re: Best Photo Editing Laptop 2019

Trout Bum wrote:

I know the MacBook Pro is the bees knees but I’m leery considering the price, a foreign (to me) operating system and the potential that not all of my files may be compatible.

Any advice would be appreciated!

If you admire the Mac, but don't want to deal with its costs or differences, here's a list of alternatives from a website that does a lot of serious laptop testing. That might be a place to start looking, though by now there are probably newer versions of many models:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-best-alternatives-to-the-Apple-MacBook-Pro-15.281958.0.html

They don't test every version of every laptop, so in most cases there will be a choice of several configurations and prices.

Also, if you're in a place where you can get hands-on with some laptops, I find it's a good idea to see which manufacturers use keyboards, touchpads, etc. that work well for you. Those are factors that don't always come across in reviews but can be very important for long-term user satisfaction.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a7R III Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 28mm F2 Samyang 135mm F2.0 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow