Switching from Tamron 28-75mm to Sony FE 24-70mm GM

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarcoE
MarcoE Contributing Member • Posts: 769
Switching from Tamron 28-75mm to Sony FE 24-70mm GM

After having read and seen a lot of reviews of the Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 and Sony 24-70mm GM i'm about to buy the Tamron 28-75mm. The wide angle lacking on the Tamron is no problem as i already own the 16-35mm GM.

I've mentioned it already before : for me sharpness is important when buying a lens but even (or more) important is how a lens renders. The zeiss 3d look is something i really appreciate and makes a images less flat. For me the 24-105mm f4 lens from Sony is a good example of a lens that is decent sharp but lacks rendering. Of course it's all my opninion but some people will recognize this.

Now my question : have you owned the Tamron and decided to switch to the 24-70mm GM (not because of the wide angle) because of image qualty, rendering etc ?

I did take a look on Flickr and browsed through a lot of images in both user groups (Tamron 28-75 and Sony 24-70mm GM) and find the Sony having that slight advantage in terms of rendering / zeiss /3d effect.

To avoid answers like why don't you buy Zeiss / Batis primes : i plan to buy 3 lenses with optimum balance between image quality and versatility. Primes are not part of the plan

MarcoE's gear list:MarcoE's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1 Sony a7R III Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow