Fuji 16-55mm f2.8 (at 16mm/f2.8) vs 16mm f2.8 prime lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
larryngocn
larryngocn New Member • Posts: 3
Fuji 16-55mm f2.8 (at 16mm/f2.8) vs 16mm f2.8 prime lens

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, but have over the years used this lively forum as a source of insight, expertise and wonderful sample images. Happy to meet you all.

I'm new to the X-mount system, but my first APS-C camera was a Fuji X100 (the original)—beautiful camera. Used it for 8 years!

My wife gave birth to our first child a few months ago and it was time for an upgrade—so far I've gotten the amazing X-T2, the 23mm f2 and the 35mm f2 (two of the famed "Fujicrons"). Right now, I am looking to get either a wide lens or a zoom.

As I'm on a budget, was wondering if the Fuji 16-55mm f2.8 at 16mm/f2.8 is identical to the 16mm f2.8 prime lens? Is there a material difference in output?

Any greater advantage to getting one or the other (given my current stable of lenses)?

Thank you all in advance for your infinite wisdom and advice!

Best, Larry

Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow