Advanced compact for landscape photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Qimmiq Forum Member • Posts: 89
Advanced compact for landscape photography

I've spent the last 2 weeks in Norway and Iceland and brought both my 80D and G1X with me. I took the 80D on one hike with me and then left it back the rest of the time in favour of the G1X on three other hikes and any other time I was out walking around.

I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of the 80D for quite a while in favour of something that's easier to carry around.  I don't want to go with the Eos R or RP because I want something more pocketable.

I'll be keeping the 80D until the Fall because I need to photograph my sister's wedding but after that will probably sell it.

I'll likely use my G1X for a while after that but would eventually like to get something a little more updated.

Are any of the new advanced compacts good for landscape photography? How does the G1X III do with landscapes? I figure it should be similar to the 80D since they share the same sensor. Any others out there that would be good for landscapes that I should look at?

Qimmiq's gear list:Qimmiq's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow