Millionth time for this question

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
RivkiLocker
RivkiLocker Contributing Member • Posts: 863
Re: Millionth time for this question

aChanceEncounter wrote:

I have been reviewing my images and have noticed i take a lot more time on my compostions when I shoot primes. I guess i get a bit lazy with zooms. Coupled with most of the primes are a bit sharper, I am considering using a prime kit

Prime lenses in the stable: rok 8, 14, 23/2, 27, 35/1.4, 56, nikon 105/4 macro

a part of me thinks the F2s would be good 23, 35, 50, 90 for the sharpness and weathersealing and size.

idealily the kit would fit in my hadley small pro bag with my xpro2

this would be for more serious trips where weather could be rainy.

i also have my x100f with the tcl and wcl for business trips and really light kit.

thughts/suggestions.

I switched to primes only for personal work. (For pro work I still use the 16-55 because I need to move fast and need the versatility.) I use the 14, 35f1.4 and 56. I also have the gfx with the 45 which is equivalent to the 23 on an x camera. I am very happy with the switch but I do find I often need two bodies with two different lenses. My favorite combo is the xh1 with the 14 and the xt30 with the 35. This way I have two focal lengths at the ready.

RivkiLocker's gear list:RivkiLocker's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow