Pre-ordered MC-20 From amazon.ca and changing my travel trinity zooms

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MannyV
MannyV Regular Member • Posts: 460
Pre-ordered MC-20 From amazon.ca and changing my travel trinity zooms

Posting in DPR forum after a long time. Just sharing my thoughts in this thread.

After deliberating for a fair bit, I pre-ordered MC-20 from amazon.ca. I have 12mm, 25mm, 45mm, and 75mm primes which I love. I frequently carry the below three as my preferred travel zoom trinity lenses.

Panasonic 7-14mm f4

Oly 12-40mm f2.8

Panasonic 100-400mm

Plus I carry primes 12mm, 45mm, and 75mm. I love these primes.

After I receive the MC-20, my travel trinity will change to

Panasonic 7-14mm f4

Oly 12-40mm f2.8

Oly 40-150 f2.8 (which I also already have)

plus I will chuck in the MC-20

I know I will lose focal length 300-400mm at telefoto end. I may not carry all three primes anymore. Only the 45mm. While I love all three, 45mm is my favourite for taking people portraits.

I primarily use silver EM5 II. I also have black EM1. I mostly use the EM5 II as I simply love the way it handles in my hands and love the retro silver look.

Yes the 7-14mm can generate purple blobs. However it can be clearly seen during composition, and a slight change in composition gets rid of it. The 12-40mm was always sharp and love the rendering. Same for the 40-150mm. Love its rendering and sharpness.

I am not planning to sell the Panasonic 100-400mm. I will use it locally when not traveling by air. I have owned it for about 2 years now. I love this lens too. It has been performing great with both cameras. I do have the Panasonic G80. I prefer the Olympus though and within that EM5 II. I can't give any concrete reason why.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow