FP -> Foveon make your suggestions to Sigma here

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
docmaas
docmaas Veteran Member • Posts: 6,459
FP -> Foveon make your suggestions to Sigma here

The biggest positive for the FP for me is the size.  That's really pretty much it.

However I suspect most would agree the size, very close to a dp merrill is a positive what to you think is unnecessary in the FP that can be eliminated in the Foveon and what do you think needs to be added?

I have two initial thoughts.  First is a movable lcd screen that at the very least tilts up and down and maybe even to "selfie" mode 90 degrees up but the more flexibility the better.  Second an electronic view finder located centrally or preferably on the right side of the camera.

As far as what can be dropped all but minimal video and maybe even no video at all.  I'm not sure the apparently adopted from Panasonic focus system is any advantage and would like to see something better.  I'd like to see a mechanical shutter as well.

I'd really like to see the body be in the same size range as the FP and hope with the new heat sink tech that will be possible.

What to you want to see added or dropped for the upcoming Foveon camera?

BTW Sony is coming up with some big announcements soon including an A6500 successor.  We appear to be in the midst of another big technological tidal change.

Mike

-- hide signature --

"Dao ke dao, fei chang dao. Ming ke ming, fei chang ming" Laozi
"At every crossroads on the path that leads to the future, tradition has placed 10,000 men to guard the past."
Maurice Maeterlinck

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dlj
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow