I thought I might die yesterday!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 39,451
I thought I might die yesterday!

Well yesterday I was on dirt roads by Moab, Utah looking for rocks. I was about 6 miles in and went up a slight incline and when I came down the other side it was all sand from there on with no place to turn around! Finally the road widened and I tried to make a u-turn. Got stuck in the sand side ways in the road Spent an hour trying to shovel it out but it was up to the frame in the sand!!! Temp 98 degrees!!! So I knew I had to start walking back as no cell phone service! As I was walking up and down the little hills I was thinking I would never make it 5 miles and would just collapse and die there......I was so hot and exhausted.....Well, finally after about 2 miles I came to a high spot and tried my phone. Success, dialed 911 ( think next trip I'll rent a sat phone) Cop shows up and takes me to my van and was waiting for tow truck,So he asks me what I was doing back there and I said collecting rocks. Told him I had been collecting rocks all over Utah for my rock tumblers. He then asks me if I sell them and I said no, never sold a rock in my life.He then proceeds to tell me it is against the law to collect rocks and sell them and against the law to collect dinosaur bones and indian artifacts. Then asks me if he could see the rocks? Sure go ahead.....He tells me to wait by the front of the van,,,,in the hot sun So he starts looking at every rock I had collected. Took a while So I said you are wasting your time. No fossils etc and are you trying to find a reason to arrest me? He says no but he was!!! So Tow truck arrives and tows me out...$350

These are from on the road in Utah

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow