Lens for X-T3

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
emils92 New Member • Posts: 1
Lens for X-T3

Hello. I have landed on X-T3 as my first mirrorless camera (or any camera besides my phone for that matter). I am torn between the 16-55 weather sealed lens and the 18-55 lens with OIS. Money is not really the issue here, but I am not sure whether ois or weather sealing is most important to me.

I will not be shooting lots of video, its more of a "nice to have" thing to me, I am in it for the stills. I will be bringing my camera hiking and camping, as well as shooting when I am on vacation in various cities.

The X-T3 does not have IBIS, so OIS in the lens seems nice...OIS can be nice in low light, with a slow shutter speed, but the 16 55 has a fixed 2.8, the other lens is variable 2.8-4. I have very little experience with cameras, all I have done is read online to try and understand the workings of a camera, and what you need for various scenarios. Are there any more experienced shooters out there that can chime in? How well does WR work, is OIS actually useful in stills, etc. etc., any good input is appreciated.

Cheers

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow