RX100 M2 vs HX20v Pictures win HX20v? Why?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
lomoapontaechuta Regular Member • Posts: 270
Re: RX100 M2 vs HX20v Pictures win HX20v? Why?

ALMD wrote:

Hello,

How can I do this?

"RX blurred the background much better than the HX (which for many people it's a desired thing), if you don't want to, you can activate all focus point in the RX and/ or going from aperture f1.8 to aperture f3.5 and problem solved"

Thanks

Of all rx's, the Mark I and Mark II have 1.8 to 4.8 variable aperture lens, 28mm to 100 mm in focal length, the rest have 24 mm to 70 mm in focal length with an aperture from 1.8 to 2.8. except the MK VI that has 24-200 mm 2.8 to 4.5. (personally I prefer the HX over the MK 6 to shoot longer).

But if these examples are a good representation of your style of photography then the rx100 mk II has what you need and want and more.

the bigger the aperture/the faster the lens is (low numbers, like f1.4 or f1.8 ) the narrow or shallow the depth field of view will be, in short you will get more background blur or bokeh, good for subject separation.

the smaller the aperture /the slowest the lens is (high numbers, like f3.5 or f5.6) you will get less background blur, in short, you will end up with more background in focus.

see this. (it's pretty forward, don't be scared)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmn3K-06YTg

How do you keep more things in focus?

well, in auto you can zoom in, and the camera will stop down to 4.9 at the tightest (100mm), but if you go to another modes, the rx100 can go down to f16 (if I'm not mistaken).

Normally you have 4 parameters, when choosing M mode or S mode or A mode, the camera will give you control of 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgwdHR8raMw&list=PL6aKf0M5EeGPN9sEBzhVuojRVwrubRncV

everyone struggles a bit when they have a new camera.

lomoapontaechuta's gear list:lomoapontaechuta's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow