Got myself a new DMC-TZ100 and I have some questions

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Daymoth New Member • Posts: 4
Got myself a new DMC-TZ100 and I have some questions

Hi, this is my first post here but I have been reading the forum a lot since my Nikon P7700 suffered a bad crash that was not worth repairing

So I settled on the TZ/ZS100 and the learning curve is steep! I have been testing the camera for 2 weeks and reading the manual but I still have some issues I could use help with:

- I have finally figured reading some posts about reducing the NR to -5. That has been a game changer since my first outing the photos were horribly soft and I was so ready to return it. Q: do you use a different setting when shooting in low light? When the ISO is high its quite noticeable and I assume he NR -5 doesnt help?

- I cant figure out how to display in the screen only the guidelines, histogram, iso, ss and f. Seems the options are 1. ALL the icons I cant care about + histogram. 2. 1 plus level guide. 3. Nothing, with no histogram. 4. Off. Cant believe this is not configurable and that I eithereget all the clutter or nothing.  Also when I am changing the exposure compensation the histogram disapears... Why? Can that be changed?

- HDR doesnt seem to do anything? (Havent got to understand what iHDR is?) I have tried iDynamic and really like it though. What is the difference between HDR, iHDR, iDynamic or changing the highlight/shadows curve?

- I cant believe that a camera with so many options, most of wich I still dont know what they are useful for, doesnt have an option for long exposures. No built in ND, no thread for physical filter...ok but surely I can merge several shots?? Like even mobile phonespdo that now.  I have found is the multiple exposures but it seems it merges only 4 shots? I really dont want to do this in post. What are people doing? Buying a thread adaptor or something?

- in addition to the Function buttons, can I change say the white balance button? I wish it was for ISO, I barely ever touch wb.

-Re flash, I cant figure if this camera could work with an external flash?

I think thats all for now! Thanks for any tips you can give me!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow