Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MK Senior Member • Posts: 2,424
Re: Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

mfinley wrote:

MK wrote:

phil from seattle wrote:

Like other suggested, I use SD Cards for backup. However, I do it a bit differently. I have a tablet with a 256GB SD Card in it and simply copy my camera cards to it. Thus, my tablet becomes my backup device and I can review/share my photos fairly easily. My camera cards are pretty big (64GB) and I just leave them in the camera. I use my tablet while traveling (maps, social media, general internet stuff,...) so it's no extra weight/volume. I take a card reader that plugs into the tablet's USB port but usually I just use USB from the camera to the tablet.

This!

Most people have some kind of laptop/tablet/etc when they travel now to be online to check on things. Some laptops have built in SD card slot/reader. If not, get an tiny external one.

I would just copy everything from the camera to the laptop or what-have-you and store the card away. Don't reuse the card during the trip!

Yes, it's not difficult to back up onto a computer of some sort, the trick is how to do it when you don't want to lug a computer around when traveling..

This always comes along with me where ever I travel since I need to check e-mail for work. I'm not sure if it's still made or there's a newer version. Small and relatively light with a 10" screen. Full blown Windows 10.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1007242-REG/asus_64gb_t100ta_c1_gr_transformer_book.html

Since I already have this, I slap on a 64GB MicroSD and use that as my backup.

I know the cell phone these days have, for some, replaced the laptop/tablet/etc but I need a keyboard to type.  Call me old fashion. 

MK's gear list:MK's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD790 IS Nikon D300 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow