Z6 kit eBay listing $2,049 plus taxes.. too good to be true?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
eques Veteran Member • Posts: 3,469
Re: Be careful.

BabySinclair wrote:

eques wrote:

I just lost a lot of money, because a criminal had hacked an ebay account. (The offer was good, about 10% under what I would expect, but not obviously too cheap.)

Better go to a reliable shop when $.$$$ are at stake. Then you actually get the camera and have no probelms returning it, if there are issues.

Peter

Oh my God! I'm so sorry!! Ive never heard of that happening. Unfortunately I'm not able to cancel my order.. now I'm stressing over something I could've avoided. Thanks for the heads up! And I hope eBay steps up and refunds you for your money.

Of course not. It was paid in advance, there is no refund. Not even a "sorry". They don't even provide the vendor's address in Europe, but then it probably would not have been the address I wanted, but the one of the person, whose account was hacked.

And yes, this happens quite often, as I read on the web after the loss.

The hacked account had 100% positive rating and I have checked it's complete history of sales. Also the description was very to the point: the seller wnated to switch to mirrorless, because his DSLRs are so heavy. The hac buyer's remorse and is now selling his mirrorless body.

At least I learned a lesson.

Peter

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow