The Recent F/stop Controversy

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Chaplain Mark
Chaplain Mark Senior Member • Posts: 5,099
Re: No it's not

camerosity wrote:

It just means some of us here have a more technical background than others here. (Some of us are working pros as well).

Anyone can buy a digital SLR these days and call themselves a Pro. That's why a lot of professional wedding photographers left the business, because prices went down through the floor.

I'm proud of the two years I spent in college studying Commercial Photography, it wasn't wasted time and it earned me 12 years of work in the professional photo industry after I graduated.

You can pooh-pooh it all you want, but for me, it was an amazing time of my life that I'd gladly repeat if I could. And that I was able to do it during the film era makes it even more meaningful for me as film still represents the purest form of photography there is (seeing those guys out there with the 8x10 view cameras on a tripod never ceases to blow me away).

Well said...!

-- hide signature --

Thank You,
Chaplain Mark
-----
'Tis better to have a camera and not need one than to need a camera and not have one.
--------------
In pursuit of photographic excellence.

Chaplain Mark's gear list:Chaplain Mark's gear list
Canon G3 X Canon PowerShot G5 X Sony a7R III +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow