Favorite Discontinued Modifiers

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed Shapiro
Ed Shapiro Forum Member • Posts: 74
Re: Favorite Discontinued Modifiers

This just might take the trophy in this thread, well- at least in the strange-stuff modafier category!

Attached is a picture of me (the top one- NOT the nice looking guy in the lower frame) using my Westcott AIRBANK on a panoramic food layout. That modifier, overhead, that looks like the Hindenburg is an inflatable giant softbox. I still have it and use it for certain jobs and in vertical orientation, it;s great for full length fashion shots. It came in a case with an electrical blower that facilitates the inflation and a handy set of clamps to lash it to a boom stand as well as another set of clamps to attach the lamp heads. It has a built in flap that serves as a "barndoor" to control the beam. I usually use it with a 2400 watt-second Speedotron unit with 2 lamp heads in the box. Oftentimes, whe I take it out on location, the clients are well entertained.

The image is a ad placed in the Professional Photographer and Rangefinder magazines- back in the day!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow