Cybershot DSC HX 400 taking photos with out a memory card inserted

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
lomoapontaechuta Regular Member • Posts: 270
Re: Cybershot DSC HX 400 taking photos with out a memory card inserted

Jim in DH wrote:

Embarrassingly, I took a number of photos without a memory card inserted in my DSC HX 400. I completely missed the yellow NO CARD warning. Aside from paying more attention, is there a way to write those photos from the buffer? Or is there a menu setting which would keep me from taking photos?

That feature saved me a couple of times, going 30 kms out and then finding out that I forgot the freaking card...

But fortunately my HX50 manage  to store up to 9 shots with no card, so not a totally waste of time when this happen . I just have to be much more selective in the shooting session and do the sorting at the spot.

Later, when I arrive home I put  the card in the camera, and I do the following.

I go to the Menu ( where you set sounds, settings, time, etc), I choose the memory card tool  and there's an option

copy (copy all images from internal memory).

when you click on it (all data on internal memory will be copy)

ok and cancel, you pick ok, wait a bit and it's done. those images are in your card.

then, you take the card out of the camera, and do the same thing.

Menu

this time you will choose the internal memory tool (same place, same thing, different icon)

there's only one option, format, you pick that, wait a bit and all images saved in the internal memory are gone.

Maybe your hx400 is the same, maybe a slightly different

lomoapontaechuta's gear list:lomoapontaechuta's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow