Z7: rubber wearing off on the grip?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Jay A Senior Member • Posts: 2,031
Re: Z7: rubber wearing off on the grip?

Stan Disbrow wrote:

Hi,

Well, Nikon has had such issues off and on all along. Most of the time not, so that part is good.

At least you don't have rubber bits falling off on the ground when shooting with the Z.

The D1 series had this pesky issue with the rubber bit on the memory card door. Took them until the end of the series to finally get a die-cut double-sided tape with an adhesive that allowed the rubber to stay put.

I went thru many a tape from Nikon back then, and a few rubber bits as sometimes it got lost. I still have five tapes and two rubber bits. Used to be six tapes, but my still-used D1H lost it again a year ago. I found the rubber bit, so all I needed was a new tape.

Stan

Yes, I suppose there have been a few issues. I do remember that some of their bodies developed sticky to touch issues (F100 film body in being one) and one or two others had problems with the covers even staying on the body altogether (or was that with a couple of Canon bodies?)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow