GFX 100 supply?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Stan Disbrow Veteran Member • Posts: 3,530
Re: GFX 100 supply?

Hi,

$20 for one side, $26 for both sides. Max print is 12x17". We charge a little less than most as we're a stand-alone shop and not in a mall where so many of these printers are found.

Usually, of course, folks don't want a max print. And, there is some text above and below the image. Car clubs, racing teams, folks like that. A large back print and a 4" left chest medallion is common.

And, I can drive this with my Df and so not *need* medium format. It was why I got the Df last October as my venerable Kodak 760c (Nikon F5 with digital back) wasn't really quite enough at 6 MP for even landscape orientation. The 16 MP Kodak Pro Back on a Contax 645 wasn't right either, with the square aspect ratio. By the time I cropped the image to fit, it wasn't really any better than the 760....

So, now that the Contax rig has been passed on, I have been eyeballing the 50s. And, that used market will directly correspond to how the 100 does. Hence my reading the mail around this forum.

As I say, I don't *need* medium format, but we know that *need* isn't quite the entire story.

Stan

-- hide signature --

Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
Once you start down the DSLR path, forever will it dominate your destiny! Consume
your bank account, it will! Like mine, it did!

Stan Disbrow's gear list:Stan Disbrow's gear list
Kodak DCS520 Kodak DCS760 Nikon D1H Nikon Df Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow