How I Got my $3500 Camera Kit Stolen on KitSplit for $70

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
YohahN
OP YohahN Regular Member • Posts: 137
The End of the KitSplit Saga

UPDATE (07.12.19):

I’m happy to share that KitSplit has made the effort to make things right by reimbursing me for my stolen gear on their platform.

But more importantly, KitSplit is making changes in order to prevent this from happening again, which no other rental platform is currently offering but I hope they do as well — protecting equipment owners who opt in for volunteer parting.

Their first step towards this promise is announcing the “KitSplit Theft Protection Owner Guarantee” policy.

Obviously, this policy may not be a perfect end-all solution right away, but at least they are trying, and that’s all I could ask for.

It became apparent after talking to KitSplit that this policy has been in the works for a while. But it’s also undeniable to say the least that it was the collective voice of the community that helped bring this decision into fruition, and so for that, both KitSplit and I thank you all for driving this change.

Please feel free to email KitSplit with any feedback you may have in regards to improving their platform since they would love to hear from you and be kept accountable, in order to truly be a marketplace for filmmakers by filmmakers.

You can read about KitSplit’s initiative to protect future owners with their new policy here:

https://blog.kitsplit.com/announcing-kitsplit-theft-protection-owner-guarantee/

P.S. sorry things took so long to wrap up. I asked KitSplit to grant me the title of “Breaker of Chains” but they kept insisting that it was taken already so we just settled with the original title of “The Yohahn” given by Lisbeth, Founder/CEO, KitSplit.

-- hide signature --

- YK

YohahN's gear list:YohahN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow