Big drop off in forum traffic?

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris R-UK Forum Pro • Posts: 19,416
Big drop off in forum traffic?

Does anybody else think that there has been a big drop off in the number of posts on this and other forums?

3-4 years ago, when I first logged on to this forum in the morning, to check all the threads started or updated since my last visit, I had to go back through 2-3 pages of the forum index.  Now I only have to go down about 2/3 of the first page.  At one time the traffic volume was so large on this forum that there were quite frequent discussion threads on how it could be split into two, either Olympus/Panasonic or Bodies/Lenses.

It isn’t just this forum, in fact this is still one of the highest traffic forums.  The DSLR forums are way down - look at, say, the Canon FF forum.  The bottom post on the first page of the forum index is 3 weeks old.   On the Beginners Questions forum the bottom post is one week old, 2 days on the Open Talk forum, 5 days on Landscape and Travel and so on.

Is this something to do with the time of the year or is this just a reflection of the decline in the photo market as a whole?

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow