Newspaper photographer I met today with ancient equipment

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
George Zip Senior Member • Posts: 1,373
Newspaper photographer I met today with ancient equipment

I attended a chamber or commerce function this morning. Not taking photos but just as a local business person. Very causal at a coffee place.

Anyway.... a newspaper photographer rocked up and was taking snapshots of people attending.

What was interesting to me was that he was using what I think was a really old rebel. I could not see what model as it was so used there were no markings left on it from use. It looked like those canons from 2008. It looked like it had 2 million clicks on it. He had a really cheap sigma zoom and was using the pop up flash for fill.

I have not seen the photos but I am sure the images he will produce will not be earth shattering but I am also sure that they will be good enough for the newspaper.

Honestly I was suprised that he was using gear like that. Maybe he just likes the old camera and travelling really light.

‘It also made me stop and think that it really is not about the gear. It’s about the right tool for the job at hand.

George Zip's gear list:George Zip's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow