Which lens would perform will with an X-Pro2 for "close-up" videos? (Thanks!)

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nmrdxt New Member • Posts: 14
Which lens would perform will with an X-Pro2 for "close-up" videos? (Thanks!)

Hello!

I'm having extreme difficulties in find a lens (or two) for my X-Pro2 - apologies for the long-form question hehe.

I recently switched to Fuji (from Canon) and got a second hand X-Pro2 with a 60mm 2.4 & 16-50mm. I Absolutely love the X-Pro2, and purchased it with the idea of only shooting stills.

The lenses I ended up buying were not ideal, but budget limitation allowed me to only get those 2. The 60mm is great for me, as I do product photography for small items (not professionally) and I can take my time waiting for it to focus hehe.

I'm looking into starting doing video of the process of making said small items, and the 60mm is very difficult as it spends too much time hunting and is quite loud.

I've read reviews, specs, researched prices, watched endless YouTube videos - and still completely lost in terms of which lens I should get in order to be able to use it on the X-Pro2 reliably. It can't be too wide (less than 50mm), as I need to be able to get close to the process. I also do not need a shallow depth of field, since I need to have a good range in focus.

Between the 18-55 Kit, and the 50 f2 - what would you recommend? Do you think I will see a difference in IQ between the two? It would be nice to have the 18-55 as an everyday lens. Am I missing a third/fourth option here?

I have been contemplating this for a week now and I'm losing my sanity here hehe.

As a side note, I have considered the 16-55 2.8, 80mm and 56 1.2, but all are out of my budget.

Thank you very much for your input!!

Nimo

nmrdxt's gear list:nmrdxt's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II
ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow