magical Venice

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jkjond
jkjond Veteran Member • Posts: 9,055
Re: magical Venice

snappyden wrote:

Morning,

thanks for taking the time to review and suggest ways to improve mh photography. While I don't agree with all of your suggestions, I do appreciate them.

No probs, it is all opinion in the end.

Also, in a place like Venice, its not often easy, or even possible to move back or sideways to create a more appropriate frame for the image without falling off a bridge or into a canal.

Ah, but as is so often is the case, photography is the art of compromise - the real art is not showing any compromise in the finished shots. You don't want to end up with a load of fisherman's tales 'if only I'd have had my...'.

There is something to be said for taking a single prime lens on a photo shoot so that you have to learn to cope with limitations and work harder to find the optimum viewpoint for what you have with you. It is too easy to view the world through a zoom rather than look for the perfect viewpoint before raising a camera to your eye.

it would take confidence to leave most of your kit at home when going to a place like Venice. Then again, why not? A change of mindset and fresh challenge can sharpen up an approach.

Best,

Den

-- hide signature --

Wedding and fine art photographer www.johnleechstudio.co.uk

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow