What went wrong?

Started 4 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dave Englund
Dave Englund Forum Member • Posts: 53
What went wrong?

I was at a gathering last night and brought my a6500 with the 10-18mm lens. Used a Godox TT685S on-camera flash set to TTL. I shot in Manual mode and let the camera and flash work together. At the end of our visit I took a group shot at 17mm. The flash was directed to the cealing for a nice bounce light.

The problem was I had my ISO locked into 100 instead of set to Auto, so had to shoot really slow. I didn't want to go slower than 1/25s. Even so, I figured the flash would do the rest (produce the needed light). But it didn't, and the shot turned out very dark...

Much under-exposed.

Still, I was able to work it into an acceptable snapshot with the Lightroom App...

My question is, what did I do wrong? Clearly, I should have moved the ISO to Auto, so I could use a better shutter speed (I did use a tripod and the 10s timer). I would have thought the Godox TT685S was powerful enough to fill that room with nice sufficient light.

Did the Godox just not have the power for this setting? Was there some other camera setting to use to get more out of the flash? Do I need to bring another flash with me to these kinds of gatherings? Thanks for comments.

Dave Englund's gear list:Dave Englund's gear list
Panasonic G85 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow