PhotoFactor wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

AOC wrote:

PhotoFactor wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

PhotoFactor wrote:

tbcass wrote:

PhotoFactor wrote:

Let's be happy to disagree. I've posted those photos before and I'm not going to waste my time doing it again. You can believe what you want and I (and many others who actually know) can believe what we want. Have a great day.

As long as you don't admit you lack some skills and instead fall back on the automatic features a smartphone provides you will never get better.

So funny that it's always about the skill of the user. It's never a possibility that the phones are actually better in some of these ways.

I'm happy to admit as much. But so far, no one has been able to demonstrate it.

OK, here is "P" mode on the A6000, and a shot at the same time on the Pixel 2 XL. Tell me what non-fiddly skills I need to improve the A6000 picture. After all, tbcass said that the skill was using P mode and the result would be superior to the phone.

Great shots! Perfect example of how intelligently, efficiently, and effectively smartphones like the Pixel can deliver entirely serviceable--if not stunning--images in challenging conditions.

Stunning how? At 4x5?

Sure, you could get there with your A6000---eventually, but that's best left to those with time to burn...and more importantly, the persuasion to do so.

Not eventually, very quickly and in camera and better.

Tell me how to equal that DR and exposure in camera on my A6000 and I'll do test shots and let's see how that goes.

When people are as heavily invested in one side of an argument as you are, trust is gone in whatever results they provide.

Donald B hit that same wall in his EVF thread

No, posters made assertions on it being my skill when I showed what each camera did. I'm asking those posters to put up or shut up. They're not going to be able to show "their skill" is any better in this case.

I did. I showed that even the little jpg of the scene could be enhanced far better. Going to the raw would make it better again. As well, knowing how to use your tools correctly will benefit as well. Finally, if you are using HDR on the phone, do it on your camera as well.

Sorry, but the phone will always be technically inferior.

I don't think anyone will argue that you can get technically better images from a 2 pound camera than you can get from one the size of a postage stamp.

The point is that computational photography now in postage stamp sized cameras are getting fantastic results with minimum user interaction.

but that’s not foto factor’s point

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
AOC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow