Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ZeBebito
OP ZeBebito Regular Member • Posts: 430
Re: Traveling to China, need to backup my files, any suggestions?

Tim Lawson wrote:

A few people have mentioned the Apple connector for iPhone and iPad. See photo below for those who are unsure what this is.

I use this when travelling to backup my images to the iPad. I have a 128gb model so usually plenty of room. I also have a 128gb iPhone so could also use that if I run out of space.

The images are added to the normal iOS photo collection but i copy them into a separate album in order to be able to easily delete them when i get home and have successfully copied the originals to my Mac.

Note that iOS allows RAW to be copied via this method and does not destroy the file structure in any way.

Like many of the others here, I am concerned about backups when travelling. My camera does to have a dual SD card facility.

The RAVPower FileHub which is also mentioned in this thread sounds interesting and i may look at getting one of these as well. You can never have too many backups!

Tim, definitely this will be my solution. Glad to know it supports RAW transfer since my XR phone has 256GB so there is plenty of space. Anyway, I won't delete anything until I get back home. Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Focus on what's important

ZeBebito's gear list:ZeBebito's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Leica M8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Leica M Typ 240 Sony a7R II +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow